Sunday 23 March 2008

Sunday Musings......

I've had a day of pottering around in the kitchen. I've made a shepherds pie, which is the most tasty I've ever made, if I do say so myself. All the ingredients were from our organic box, except the mince of course. I also made a rice pudding, I haven't made one of these in years, but its a cheap and easy pudding, especially for a cold day.
Whilst eating our pudding tonight, we started to watch 'My life with animals' with Simon King. What an amazing programme, I haven't enjoyed a programme like that for a long time. I didn't realise quite how much this man has accomplished in his 30 year career. I only really new him from watching Spring watch. But he was a child actor, and predominantly a wildlife cameraman for most of his life before he began wildlife presenting. I struggled eating my pudding through some of the programme, as in places it was really sad and I'm such a blubber when it comes to animals. If you saw it, it was the bit the lion cub couldn't keep up with its mum and died, and the bit where the meercat got bitten by a puff adder. Anyway if you didn't see it, keep a look out for a repeat as it was fantastic. Its the last 'Larkrise to Candleford' tonight so I'm off now to watch it with a glass of wine.

7 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

I love rice pudding - yum!
is organic meat expensive over there? Here, we can buy quite a big range in our supermarkets. I try to use organic as much as I can. My daughter, who just had the baby.. she is pretty much all organic.
thanks for the lovely comments to her and baby xo

Pixiedust said...

Organic meat is fairly expensive. But I look at it, that it's better to have meat less often and make it go further and have good meat, rather than more of a cheaper meat.

Leanne said...

the cooking looks good PD! Wasnt the final LRTC episode fab? I admit to a few tears!

I buy as much organic fare as the budget allows too.

Leanne x

Pixiedust said...

Wasn't it sad when Zilla died. I hope there's another series. xxx

Anonymous said...

That looks so great. I have never tried a pie. That must taste so delicious. The rice pudding looks real yummy. I love rice pudding !!
Have a great day !!

Pixiedust said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Moncha, its always nice when i get good comments. The pie and rice pudding were yummy. I even managed to freeze another two portions for dinner in the week.

laoi gaul~williams said...

i love simon kings work~his family are/were local to mine.i remember him when he was very young!