Thursday 6 March 2008

Glastonbury Here I Come!







Do you ever get withdrawal symptoms from a place, and feel fidgety and in limbo until you've been? Glastonbury does this to me. I first visited this special place about 7 years ago and immediately felt like i was home. I don't know what it is about this place but i feel a strong pull towards it. On Saturday i finally jumped in the car and took myself off to the west, accompanied by my muggle friend. We visited all my favourite haunts, The Witchcraft shop, The Goddess and the Green Man, Star Child and discovered some new shops in the form of the gauntlet incorporating The Witchcraft Emporium. Lunch was an extremely tasty golden vegetable and butter bean soup with granary bread and a big lump of carrot cake from Rainbows End Cafe.


The day was finished off with a stroll around the Chalice Well, where we sat on the swing seat at the top of the gardens and looked up at the Tor, too tired to hike up there on this occasion. This is my idea of a perfect day.

5 comments:

laoi gaul~williams said...

oh i am like that with Glastonbury! i first went there..oohhh....18 years ago (argh i feel old!) and ever since it is like a beacon to me.

Leanne said...

welcome to the world of blogging pixie-dust! I love glastonbury too, its one of my special places, and I go as often as I can. I dont live far away, but not driving means its not as often as i would like :-) you know from my blog how much I love it here, somerset and dorset are so beautiful, magical places to live, the hills themselves are alive. i hope you get your dream.

Leanne x

Miss Robyn said...

I haven't been - yet... well not in this lifetime anyhow.. Glastonbury is on my list to visit when I come to the UK next year.. My friend use to buy me things from the Goddess and the GreenMan and have them sent to me as gifts...

Kim said...

Hello Louisa, and thanks for visiting my blog.

I feel exactly the same about Glastonbury. I've only been a couple of times, but the last time, I just couldn't get there quick enough. It's such a beautiful and healing place and is a bit like stepping out of the real world for a while. I want to go back again soon :)

Kim x

Cat said...

OHHHHHHHHH Glastonbury!
I was there *sigh* 7 years ago and it was one of my highlights of the UK!
I WILL WILL WILL get there again!
Now I need to dig out my photos of Glastonbury and me and 'remember'