Monday 21 April 2008

The Weekend.....

Well the weather yesterday was a surprise, I expected it to be cold and rainy, but it was actually a really pleasant day. The sun shone till about 5 o-clock, before the sky opened so I managed to get my washing dry on the line. I washed all the bathroom towels, as I intended to clean the bathroom, but that didn't happen. I started our bedroom first and ended up giving it a good old clean and vacuum and washed the windows and skirting board, so mush fresher in there now.

Hubby did a load more painting in the dining room and fitted the last two plug sockets. Its really starting to take shape now and I'm quite excited about it being finished. Partly down to the fact that I'll have a nice space to get my sewing machine out.

I went to a craft fair on Saturday, it was OK but a little small, I did get a pair of green dichronic glass earrings but that was it. There was a lady there that did felting, not needle felting but the sort that you roll the fleece out with a lot of elbow grease and make it into felt. She had some lovely stuff, like handbags and some cute little flower brooches. A little bit pricey though, but I'm sure they were probably worth it.

I was naughty last night, but it couldn't be helped. I went on e-bay looking at patchwork fabric, as I'm enthusiastic about having a go at the moment. I've bid on a couple of books and a few bits of fabric and ordered a couple of cushion covers, i think i may have got a bit carried away, but I was having such a good time. Then I made the mistake of checking out patchwork books on Amazon and found some lovely books, but I ended up ordering a making Christmas gifts book and an Easter gifts book. I know I know, I said I wasn't going to buy any more books, but like i said before they are my one weakness. The ideas in these books were great. Little homespun and primitive Santa's, angels, bunnies etc. I'm looking forward to them arriving. I didn't get them directly from Amazon I went to the Buy New and Used tab under the listing, as it works out cheaper this way. Anyway that's my weekend, looking forward to the post now.

5 comments:

Leanne said...

theres no such thing as too many books though pixiedust, so just enjoy them! I am another who cant resist books- so i just dont try anymore! I DO TRY not to go to Amazon very often, because if i do, i then cant resist- that one click ordering button is so naughty!!
leanne x

Unknown said...

Hey well you started your diet and your housework so thats very positive stuff...and books are necessary, LOL

laoi gaul~williams said...

i have to keep away from e-bay its too tempting! although swampy was on there today looking at kelly kettles~we want to get one before our next camp!

Guzzisue said...

patchwork....fabric....thread = addiction :)

Bovey Belle said...

Patchwork is great fun, and the simplest (large squares) very straightforward, as are the little "English" hexagons, which I lap-sew on dark winter evenings. Enjoy!