Wednesday 8 October 2008

The Dentist........

Well a couple of weeks ago I saw a sign go up outside the dentist opposite my work saying that they are taking on NHS patients. So I bit the bullet and registered, and today was my first appointment.

Now this is a big thing for me as I'm terrified of the dentist and haven't been for many years, and was dreading it. There were many trips to the loo this morning.

My dentist was a South African man and he put my mind at rest as soon as I got in the room. had the normal checkup and he cleaned my teeth and I had a shallow white filling done as well. The filling didn't hurt and I didn't even need to be numbed, but the teeth cleaning bit was horrible.

My wisdom teeth are growing inwards, which could cause a problem, but all the time they don't bother me they prefer to leave them well alone, which is fine by me.

So all in all, I got off very lightly and don't need to go back for 6 mths. The whole lot only cost £44.60 as well, so I'm really pleased I did it and its a weight off my shoulders.

1 comment:

Daisie said...

Well done you!!
Show those pearly whites off now!!

xxx