Friday 25 July 2008

Friday Musings.......

I'd left this cardigan on the table in the conservatory and guess who I found there! Cats like to sit in the funniest places. Phoebe spent the whole afternoon here. I'm definitely coming back as a cat.

Morning all, it's very hot and humid here this morning, but also very overcast, we've been forecast a few showers, but I'm hoping they don't arrived until later this afternoon.


I'm hoping to be going fruit picking today with my friend and her kids, strawberries and raspberries to make some jam. Mum has requested that if I see any Loganberries she'd like me to get her some.


Had a lovely evening on Wednesday. Popped over my friends, same one I'm going fruit picking with and she took me to her allotment to have a look around. I hadn't seen it since it was a barren patch and needed digging over, and now theres stuff everywhere. I went home with a bag of veg and salad that I swapped for a jar of my homemade lemon curd and a chicken hangy for her kitchen I'd made. It was lovely looking around other peoples allotments too and seeing the fantastic things they were growing. I saw a huge bush of thornless blackberries which looked fab. I've got these in my front drive border so I'm hoping mine will look as good as these did. We chatted to a couple of other allotment holders and whiled away an hour or so quite easily it was lovely. I must look into getting our own allotment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I love going berry picking. We've picked strawberries and raspberries so far this summer.

I forgot how much I love your blog...now that I'm learning not to proscrastinate so much anymore, I'll be back!
xo
Have a wonderful, glorious day before that rain hits.

laoi gaul~williams said...

ohh as soon as i had a moving date i e-mailed Brockenhurst parish council and requested my name be put down for an allotment! the lady i contacted said there should be one available next year