Wednesday 14 May 2008

A spot of planting.....

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday, so finally getting round to it today. Hubby and I had another busy day yesterday. We nipped to the library, then to Hobbycraft, then the garden centre and then a home furnishing store. Managed to get some strawberry plants, some tumbling tomatoes for my hanging baskets, some more runner bean seeds and some bean canes.
Didn't manage to get any fabric for covering my chairs so still on the look out.
We got home and spent the rest of the day in the garden. I planted my strawberry plants, and put the canes together and put some more runner beans in. We love runner beans in our family, you can never have enough.

Also put my tumbling toms into the hanging baskets, and surrounded them with my basil seedlings. So we have no flowers out the front this year, just tomato and basil baskets for a change.
Whilst I was planting all this up, hubby glued the chair back together and then sanded again. Got a phone call about 5.30, to see if I was going to a friends birthday get together, which I completely forgot about, so quickly did tea, jumped in the bath, and was off out again.

4 comments:

Kim said...

In case you need more plants for your garden, there's a plant jumble sale in Clanfield this weekend. It's usually a really good one. I'll be wearing a red carnation and carrying a copy of the Times (he, he). Oh and the woodland fair as well on Sunday (gosh, what a nag I am) :)

Your plants look great, and toms in hanging basket are a good idea.

Kim x

Leanne said...

looks like youve been busy, busy too PD! its all looking good!

Leanne x

Unknown said...

Oooh I forgot about basil, I must get some. The smell just reminds me of sunny days in Greece...bliss :-) and ur wigwams are very neat compared with mine, LOL - chrissyX

jo said...

oh i love be in garden,we grow lots, what is your fav? mines sweet peas love them. huggs jo x