Wednesday 7 May 2008

Beltane Camp 2008

Well, I'm back and it was a good camp. Our little part of camp is more like a little village, the amount of stuff we seem to take with us. This is a pic of our kitchen tent, and my friend Sharon's kitchen larder, which she was particularly proud of. Notes to my self for next time, work out how many people are taking bacon and sausages as we had to give some away and throw some, as we had so much.
We got through quite a lot of this stuff, in the fire pit.
This is Pixiedust's accommodation. It's supposed to be a four man tent, but only enough room for me and my stuff.
AAHH THE FIRE PIT!
This is my friend Sharon in the smoke. Quite an eerie pic I thought.

Camp breakfast. The fire pit even came in handy for cooking on.
Here we all are Maypole dancing. We didn't start off very well, as somehow we kept getting the directions wrong.
It came together at the end though.
One of the corners of the Floralia ritual. Which I always enjoy.

We also did a bit of barn dancing in the big tent, which was great fun but exhausting. And yet again, proved my lack of coordination. There were many late nights had and copious amounts of Mead and other alcohol consumed, purely to keep us warm of course. We sang and drummed and watched the stars whilst listening to owls. My new friends Marie and Julian saw a shooting star, which as usual i missed, too busy talking. We saw loads of deer and I heard a cuckoo for the first time. It did rain all night on Sunday and Monday morning, so we came back Monday. But all in all we had good weather, and Beltane camp was a success.


6 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Looks like you had a fabulous weekend - you and the kitchen sink which I assume also went with you!! I loved the maypole bit, and the floral decorations, and I have to tell you that I have a cauldron just like that (only probably twice the size) in my kitchen. Hubble bubble and all that . . .

Just Original said...

Glad you had a good weekend!

The Maypole looks very beautiful, we used to dance the maypole at primary school every year, it was great!

Hope you are all sorted now you are home, drying the tent, washing etc.

Vanessa x

Unknown said...

Looks like you had great fun, love all the pics and the pole is very colourful:-D

Moonroot said...

Came to read about your Beltane! Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration too. The maypole looks very professional! And that has to be the best kitted out camping kitchen I've ever seen. :-)

laoi gaul~williams said...

looks like you had a great time!

Kim said...

What a lovely way to spend Beltane :) Glad you had so much fun :)

Kim x