Saturday 10 May 2008

In the Garden....

Finally got out in the garden today, and got planting. Planted runner beans, dwarf beans, peas, basil, Ornamental squashes and cut and come again lettuces.
I'd already started off my basil seedlings in the conservatory, so potted these on.
This is one of our miniature apple trees they we planted a couple of months back.

This is a thornless blackberry, I'm looking forward to the fruit from this, but will probably have to wait until next year.
And this is a miniature pear that we planted the same time as the apples. We may have them mixed up though, as I took the labels off before they went in. ooops.

Listening to Seth Lakeman - Freedom Fields, whilst posting.

3 comments:

laoi gaul~williams said...

its all looking great, i should really take some pictures of ours.

ohhh i love freedom fields so much! my sister recently sent me 'punchbowl' which is great. seth started to play some tracks from it the last time i saw him.

Little House By The Sea said...

Congratualtions with the gradening, there is always a sense of satisfaction to see your hard work come together at last.

Sarah x

Kim said...

Your veggies should be great. I just can't get basil to grow, you must have a knack :)

Kim x