Monday 3 August 2009

The Wanderer Returns

A BIG HELLO, to all my blogging pals. I'm sorry its been a while since I've been on. I just haven't had a lot to talk about on here and life in general just seems to get in the way. I've also not been feeling myself for a bit and have just let life pass me by while I've retreated into my books reading. Sometimes its nice just to go and live in another world in a book for a bit than put up with the real one. Anyhow, I'm starting to feel more myself the passed couple of weeks, so thought it was about time I got out, so on Saturday I hit the shops with a Pal and treated myself. I got this gorgeous Cath Kidston messenger bag which is in a new print for autumn 09, not sure what its called but I love it. Its the first time I've visited CK since the shop opened in Winchester and there was sooooo much to look at, and that I wanted to take home.



I also got myself and lovely new top from next and had great fun checking out the monsoon sale. We also spent ages checking out the latest makeup in boots. I haven't had a real good girly shopping day in years and it did me the world of good.
Now I said earlier that I've spent a lot of time reading, and my new all time favourite series of books has to be the Twilight saga by Stephanie Meyer, I read all four books twice in 2 weeks. I'm so in love with the series. Its got vampires, werewolves and an amazing love triangle.
A real page turner that I couldn't put down and had me up reading into the small hours.


I must admit to watching the film first which I've also watched about 10 times since. Robert Pattinson is gorgeous, in fact all the twilight guys are, so prepare for some serious eye candy ladies. The next film in the saga New Moon is due to be released in the UK 20/11/09, and I cannot wait.


I have a sketch to do in the next couple of weeks for my boss, and I've also been asked to make some bunting for a colleague. I really must get back into crafting again, I'm sure once I start I won't be able to stop. I'm still waiting for the new Tilda book to be sent to me. I pre-ordered it in February with it due to be released in July, then delivery was changed to Aug 4th, and now I've been informed that it's still not been published in the UK yet and have to wait even longer. AARRRGGG.
I hope all my bloggy pals are OK, and I will try and visit all you blogs in the next week or so.
Take Care
Pixie xxxx

10 comments:

Sal said...

Hi there!
Glad you enjoyed your break!
There's nothing like a good book, is there?!
I gave my daughter those books for her birthday!
;-)

bex said...

eurgh, i hate it when that happens, i ordered a book on amazon, they took my pennies, emailed me to say it had been dispatched, then a few days later told me that it was actually out of stock and had never been dispatched!! grrrrr

Thecraftytrundler said...

Great to see you back!! Hope you feel a bit better now.
Glad to hear you had a lovely girly shopping day!! That CK bag is great, I adore that new print!!!
Did you both have coffee & cakes too. You need lots of energy for shopping!!!
Take care : )

Sharon xx

Shabby Chick said...

Wonderful to see you back Pixie! Your new bag is beautiful. I really hope you've turned a corner and have some happier days and weeks to come :)

Mel xxx

Josie-Mary said...

Hello, welcome back. It's good to hear what you've been up to. I love the bag, I looked at that one on saturday but I wasn't sure so didn't buy it.... now I've seen yours I want it :(

Little House By The Sea said...

Nice to see you back to blogging, love the bag.

Sarah x

MelMel said...

Hello Pixie...so glad things are pulling together for you.
Sometimes its so hard to press on....

Glad you enjoyed a shopping spree, the bag is so pretty, a perfect winter colour red, will look very smart indeed!

Take care of yourself...Melxxx

MrsL said...

Hi PD,

Nice to see you back in blogland! Funnily enough, Bean was in the CK shop in
Winchester yesterday - she was quite excited about it, but didn't buy anything, but came home with some photos to prove she'd been there. I might get there later this year.
Nice bag, I like the red colour a lot.

MrsL

xx

Kim said...

Hey Pixie, it's good to see you blogging again. Sorry that you've been a bit out of sorts, but taking a little time out is sometimes the best medicine.

Take care hun

Kim x

claire said...

ooh love the new bag - I was hoping there would be a more wintery version as I have used my pale blue rosey one constantly this spring and summer so neeeeed a winter one too lol!!!
I too read the Twilight books in a fortnight lol!!! I am in love with Jacob, far sexier than Edward imo!!! Not seen the film yet - its on my must watch list :)
xx