Wednesday, 13 August 2008

Harvesting and Cooking......

I went out this morning on this very blustery day to walk Woody dog and the local bramble bushes are laden with blackberries already. Its a bit early, but I'm not going to miss these. Luckily I had a spare bag in my pocket, so picked these. I've washed and frozen them , as I don't have enough jars to make jam at the moment and I want to pick some more yet.
These are our own home grown tomato's. They're tumblers and were grown in hanging baskets outside the front door.
I put our toms with the ones that were in the Veg box and made a pasta sauce this afternoon. I will freeze this down and use for a quick pasta dinner or in Lasagna. Thanks GTM for inspiring me to make some.
I've also got a loaf in the bread maker at the moment, and its smelling good. x

4 comments:

nita x said...

that looks lovely pixie, i love making pasta sauce once the toms are ripe enough, then freeze it down for the winter months, a real taste of summer in the winter months. the blackberries look scrumptious.

all the best anita x

Kim said...

Wow, what lovely toms, and the sauce looks yummy. How's the breadmaker going?

Kim x

Chrissy said...

Thanks for the award (as I had just done it myself, I'll bring it in at a later date, hope you don't mind?) ....that all looks scrummy, I pick sloes next month to put in the vodka, I must go and check how they are coming along. I only have one tomatoe plant but it is one of the big beef ones, it is somewhat huge but all the toms are still green and growing..

solsticedreamer said...

oh looks good~i can smell it!